The following core courses provide foundational information and skill set in advanced forensic science, writing, communication, professionalism, ethics, legal perspectives, and workplace-specific laboratory skills. (22 credits) The courses listed in the Core Curriculum are required for both concentrations. Additional required courses specific to each concentration and electives are listed below.
- TOX 800: Fundamentals in Forensic Sciences (4 credits)
- IBS 611: Practical Statistics (1 credit)
- TOX 810: Communication in the Forensic Science Profession (1 credit)
- TOX 820: Preparing Professionals in Forensic Science and Analytical Genetics (1 credit)
- TOX 840: Forensic Science Standards and Practices (3 credits)
- TOX 880: Ethics and Professional Practice in Forensic Science and Analytical DNA (3 credits)
- TOX 980: Internship in Forensic Toxicology or Analytical Genetics (6 credits)
The following courses in pharmacology, toxicology, and instrumentation relevant to advanced training in Forensic Toxicology/Chemistry are required for this concentration. 9 of your total hours are within this curriculum, 36 total hours are required for this concentration.
- TOX 663: Drug Metabolism and Disposition (2 credits)
- TOX 860: Forensic and Analytical Toxicology (3 credits)
- TOX 920: General Instrumental Techniques in Forensic Chemistry (4 credits)
- BCH 401G: Fundamentals of Biochemistry (3 credits)
The following courses in genetics, molecular biology and instrumentation relevant to advanced training in Forensic/Analytical Genetics are required for this concentration. 12 of your total hours are within this curriculum, 37 total hours are required for this concentration.
Electives include the following courses related to research and current issues in the forensic disciplines and professional courses which can relate to the nature of the professional employment site in which the student is interning or contemplating a career. (3-5 credits total)
- TOX 780: Special Problems in Toxicology (1-6 credits)
- TOX 790: Research in Toxicology (1-5 credits)
- MBA 624: Entrepreneurship And Management Technology Commercialization (3 credits)
- PA 651: The Public Policy Process (3 credits)